Located in the Great Barrier Reef, Heart Reef is one of Australia’s most photographed destinations. But until recently, the only way to catch a glimpse of it was by air. With the Heart Island Reef Experience, guests of Hamilton Island can get unprecedented access to the natural wonder. It starts with a helicopter ride over Whitehaven Beach, Hill Inlet and Heart Reef before landing on a helipad above the Heart Island pontoon — a private lair floating adjacent to the main attraction.
Upon landing, you’ll have 90 minutes to explore the lagoon and coral formations or simply relax and enjoy the wondrous surroundings. This includes a glass-bottom boat ride and a snorkel around the lagoon. You can enjoy the views from inside the pontoon and take a dip in its undercover swimming pool. This exclusive tour is available for just six guests.
What you’ll love about Heart Island:
- Be one of the first to discover this iconic destination in peace and privacy, with a maximum of just six guests per visit, plus a host.
- Relax in style on the spectacular Heart Island Pontoon, which features an incredible mirrored exterior, luxury fittings and a breathtaking outlook over the Great Barrier Reef.
- See Heart Reef and some of the Whitsunday’s most renowned sights from above, including Whitehaven Beach and Hill Inlet, with a spectacular 60-minute return helicopter trip from Hamilton Island to Heart Island Pontoon.
- Explore the turquoise Lagoon in a glass bottom boat tour, or swim or snorkel at your own pace.
- Swim inside the pontoon, which features as a shallow undercover pool.
The cost is $999 per person ($1100 per person after April 1, 2020) up to six guests, and is available only to guests over 14 years of age.
- Return 60-minute scenic helicopter flight over Whitehaven Beach, Hill Inlet, Whitsunday Island, Hook Island passage and Heart Reef
- Exclusive use of the luxurious new Heart Island Pontoon with a maximum of six guests, plus a host
- 90 minutes on-board Heart Island Pontoon
- Optional glass bottom boat tour of Heart Reef Lagoon
- All snorkelling equipment
- Three-hour experience